Cleaning can be a chore, both literally and figuratively. However, it is fundamental.
Having a clean environment around you allows you to have both a healthy and happy mind and body. Remember, simple tips such as throwing open the windows and allowing fresh air into your home makes all the difference! Whether it is at home or in the office, clean surroundings brighten up your day and can maintain or improve health.
Below, we have constructed a detailed spring cleaning checklist for you to refer to when tackling the clean. Although it may look daunting, for the most part, these tasks are fairly quick and easy to complete. So if it is time for the weekly household duties of cleaning from top to bottom, or you need to give your office a bit of TLC, you can follow this straightforward checklist to help you along the way!
- Dusting lights and fixtures
- Wash down walls, doors and handles
- Empty out coat closet (if you have one) and wash walls and floor, Sort items as you place them back
- Clean/replace welcome mat
- Sweep and scrub floors
- If necessary, reseal grout lines
- Open windows
- Dust the furniture
- Remove items from drawers, wash out drawers. Now is a good time to sort out your belongings and sell or donate any items you no longer need
- Similar to the drawers, take out items of clothing from your wardrobes and sweep and wipe down the closet floor. When putting back items, throw out anything you no longer need, and try not to store anything on the wardrobe floor
- Freshen up your mattress by sprinkling baking soda and allowing it to sit for a few minutes before vacuuming it up.
- Wash bed covers and curtains
- Wash down windows and window sills, mirrors, doors and handles
- Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors
- Open windows to air out
- Empty cabinets and wash the inside. When putting items back, throw away any expired medication and makeup
- Clean the bath/shower and drain, along with the sink, toilet, and shine the faucets
- Wash down the windows, tiles, door handles and other areas that you come in daily contact with
- Repeat the drawer emptying and cleaning throughout the kitchen
- Clean under and around the fridges and stove. Including wiping down the interior after removing the contents.
- Wash and sanitise cutting boards
- Clean oven and grill
- Clean and descale the kettle
- Remove crumbs from the toaster
- Wash and shine sink
- Vacuum sofas
- Dust, wipe down and/or polish furnishings, decor and shelves
- Carefully dust electronics
- Sort books and magazines, throwing away you no longer want
- Tidy wires and tuck them out of sight
We understand that for a lot of people, cleaning such as this can be a real chore that gets put off and are sometimes low on the list of priorities. But whether you love it or hate it, the importance of your health and well-being must be a priority. No matter if it is your personal home or workplace, you should always attempt to keep on top of the cleaning and maintain this consistently.
If you are in need of office cleaning in Birmingham and you haven’t got the time to do this yourself, you can always hire a contract cleaning company such as Pinnacle. If you are interested you can take a look at the cleaning services we provide and get in contact with us for more information!